Subject Re: Bad new: FB2.1.4 : gfix say INDEX PAGE IN ERROR: 1
Author emb_blaster
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "svanderclock" <svanderclock@...> wrote:

> bad parameters on attach or create database
> -secondary server attachments cannot validate databases
>
> so it's mean that we need to shuntdown the database ? right ?
>
> stephane

You are right stephane. That's why Vlad said he understand that's is impossible to do everyday in all kind of usage of firebird.
From gfix documentation:
"Database validation requires that you have exclusive access to the database. To prevent other users from accessing the database while you validate it, use the gfix -shut command to shutdown the database."

http://www.firebirdsql.org/manual/gfix-dbverify.html