Subject Re: [firebird-support] Insert Statement Taking Time With TimeStamp values
Author Vishal Tiwari
Hi Milan,

Thank you once again. SET has suggested some code, let me try with that code.

Thanks for the replay.

With Warm Regards.

Vishal

--- On Thu, 1/4/10, Milan Babuskov <milanb@...> wrote:

From: Milan Babuskov <milanb@...>
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Insert Statement Taking Time With TimeStamp values
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, 1 April, 2010, 12:41 AM

Vishal Tiwari wrote:
> I am making the Insert sql and putting semicolon at the end of each Insert sql. And putting them into TStringList component.
>
> Then i am assigning this TStringList data to TIB_Script component as follows:
>
> var
> Script_Comp : TIB_Script;
> Str_List : TStringList;
> begin
> //after putting all Insert sql into "Str_List" TStringList component, i am executing them as follows:
>
> Script_Comp. SQL := Str_List;
> Script_Comp. Execute;
> end;

I'm not a Delphi expert, but this seems wrong and inefficient. You
should prepare the insert statement once, and then just fill in the
parameters and execute for each row you wish inserted. You should not be
using TIB_Script component at all. Someone who uses Delphi will tell you
which component(s) to use, from my limited knowledge of Delphi, it would
probably be TQuery.

--
Milan Babuskov

The easiest way to import XML, CSV