Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird 2.5 Trace - QUERY_SERVICE entry
Author Thomas Steinmaurer
Hi Vlad,

> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Steinmaurer <ts@...> wrote:
>> Hello (Vlad),
>
> Hi Thomas :)
>
>> when enabling log_service_query, I get an entry like that:
>>
>> 2010-10-07T11:06:51.1060 (1856:0148C408) QUERY_SERVICE
>> service_mgr, (Service 012B71E8, ISDAP, TCPv4:192.168.142.1, C:\Program
>> Files (x86)\Upscene Productions\Database Workbench 4 Pro\DBW4.exe:4192)
>> "Database Stats"
>> Receive portion of the query:
>> retrieve 1 line of service output per call
>>

>> So, I do see that something has been queried, but not the actual
>> content?
>
> Yes, by design.

Ok, just asking to see, if my re-engineering mode of the raw output for
my parser is still ok. ;-)

>> In case of "Database Stats", this would be e.g. a line of the
>> output when querying the header page of a database.
>
> Would you like to see fetched data too ?

Well, in case of a backup (or other service events as well), getting a
bunch of the same line in the output again and agian doesn't add value,
right?

On the other hand, returning fetched data might ask for troubles in
respect to security?

--
Best Regards,
Thomas Steinmaurer