Subject Re: [firebird-support] HELP!! Database corrupted
Author Gustavo
Vlad and Svein:

Thanks for your messages.

I realized the database was corrupted when a user told me he attempted to do some operation with my application and he got an error message saying it can´t be done. My application has a log file and there I saw the problem was trying to access to one specific table. The operation the user was trying to do was a DELETE FROM TABLE1 WHERE (FIELD1 = 'Value').

The first thing I did was to look at firebird.log (before using gifx). There I found the following:

internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page (165), file: tra.cpp line 2494)

Then I stopped the server, I made a file copy of the database, I did gfix -mend and I got the same error message:

internal gds software consistency check (cannot find tip page (165), file: tra.cpp line 2494)

----- Original Message -----
From: Vlad Khorsun
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Friday, August 14, 2009 6:37 AM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] HELP!! Database corrupted

> How did I detected the database was corrupted?

Yes. How ?

> First one of the users got an error doing something with my application.

What error ?

Did you look at firebird.log ?

> What do you mean saying "wrong usage of gfix". The first thing I did was to
> do gfix -mend. Was this wrong?

Yes it si wrong. The first thing you must to do when you have suspect database
is to stop the server and make a file copy of database. The second is to restart
server and run gfix -validate -full. Next action is depends on results of previous ones.

Regards,
Vlad

__________ Información de NOD32, revisión 4333 (20090813) __________

Este mensaje ha sido analizado con NOD32 antivirus system
http://www.nod32.com