Subject Re: Formatting Brazilian dates in triggers and stored procedures
Author rc.199011
Please, understand that I am not complaining about Firebird, I just said and I am saying that some features would be nice to have one day in the future. I use and love to use Firebird for many reasons.

I am not doing that because I just don't have the power to make decisions on programming or choosing third party tools.
Our software is divided into tiers and I am responsible only for the data tier.
Most of our software inteligence is on database via triggers and stored procedures because is easier and faster to customize and audit on customer structure.
We provide Firebird, Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server as a customer choice. Using Oracle and Microsoft SQL Server, we have easier solutions like the ones listed below, but we still use third party tools via XML for Firebird. It was not me who choose those tools and I do not have authority to change that.

Email solutions:
-----------------
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10878_11-6078020.html
http://oraclepitstop.wordpress.com/2008/04/24/how-to-send-email-from-10g-oracle-database-utl_mail/
http://it.toolbox.com/wiki/index.php/Send_email_from_Oracle_Database
-----------------
http://classicasp.aspfaq.com/email/how-do-i-send-e-mail-from-sql-server.html
http://www.sqlteam.com/article/sending-smtp-mail-using-a-stored-procedure
http://blog.sqlauthority.com/2008/08/23/sql-server-2008-configure-database-mail-send-email-from-sql-database/
-----------------

SMS solutions:
-----------------
http://www.inside-oracle-apex.com/sending-sms-to-mobile-phone/
http://forums.oracle.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=378726
http://www.oracle.com/technology/products/forms/htdocs/10gr2/howto/webservicefromforms/ws_10_1_3_from_forms.html
http://www.sqlservercentral.com/Forums/Topic755727-146-1.aspx#bm759659
http://bytes.com/topic/sql-server/answers/537664-send-sms-sqlserver2005-mobilephone
http://www.ozeki.hu/index.php?ow_page_number=425

Sorry for this kind of conversation here and thanks for everybody's help.

Best wishes,

Roberto Carlos