Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 2.1 Character sets and collation
Author Ismael L. Donis García
Only I install the library and I accomplish the connection to the database of the following form:

cn.Open "DRIVER=Firebird/InterBase(r) driver; UID=sysdba; PWD=masterkey ;DBNAME=192.168.0.101/3050:D:\Datos\dhis.fdb;"

The error is:

[ODBC Firebird Driver][Firebird]Malformed string

I repeat those same data with collate none not give no kind of error.

Regards
=========
¦¦ ISMAEL ¦¦
=========
"Oír o leer sin reflexionar es una ocupación inútil".
Confucio (551-479 a. C.); filósofo chino.

----- Mensaje original -----
De: Kjell Rilbe
Para: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Enviado: jueves, 14 de mayo de 2009 11:46
Asunto: Re: [firebird-support] Firebird 2.1 Character sets and collation

Ismael L. Donis García wrote:

> No, use Firebird ODBC 2.0.0.148 win32.exe in Windows XP SP3 with
> Firebird SS 2.1.2.18118
>
> In collate none works perfect.

Yes, and what tool/program/components do you use to enter the Ñ?

And how does that tool/application then read the Ñ and in what format
does it send it to the ODBC driver?

What connection character set have you configured in your ODBC data source?

Again, what is the error code and error message?

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe