Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Windows 2008 server and Firebird 1.5
Author Daniel Rail
Hi,

At Tuesday, March 24, 2009, 5:58 AM, paultugwell wrote:

> Please can someone help me with this.

> --- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "paultugwell" <pault@...> wrote:
>>
>> Does Firebird 1.5 run on Windows 2008 server? Are there any problems using or installing it on Windows 2008?
>>
>> I know this question has been asked before, but there doesn't seem to be an answer. I would be grateful if someone could help me as I am in the position of having to install FB on a 2008 server soon and need to knwo if I need to update to FB2 before I install it.

As Martjin said, have you tried it? :)

Seriously, we do have a customer that is running FB 1.5 (32-bit) on a
Windows 2008 Server 64-bit. And, there are no problems. So, I would
say that if there would have been problems running FB 1.5 on Windows
2008, I would've encountered it with this combination. Also, do keep
in mind that if the server is multi-core and/or multi-cpu, install
FB classic(and that is what our customer is running).

--
Best regards,
Daniel Rail