Subject Re: [firebird-support] Slow writes on Vista
Author Mark Rotteveel
Questions that come to mind are:
In what folder is your database located?
Is indexing enabled on that location?
Did you exclude the fdb extension from indexing?
Is system restore enabled on the drive containing your database?

By default Vista indexes everything(!) which means that on (every) write
to a file, that file is being reindexed. In some cases system restore
will also make backup copies if the a changed file is located in a
system folder (eg Program Files).

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel