Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Command line switches
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:19 AM 13/03/2009, you wrote:

>In that EXE file (instvc.exe) i do not see the parameters for the configuration of firebird so that is executed like service or application.

Oh, correct! sorry, a senior moment.

>I am going to try to give more details of the problem that i have:
>
>I have an application (SetupBuilder) that installs my software and firebird at the same time. Then, i do this in my program installer:
>
>If WindowsVersion = Win95 Or Win98 Or ME !! install with out CPL
> Run Firebird-2.0.0.12748-0-Win32.exe /SP- /SILENT /NOCPL /COPYFBCLIENT /NOCANCEL /DIR="C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_0"
>Else !! install with CPL
> Run Firebird-2.0.0.12748-0-Win32.exe /SP- /SILENT /COPYFBCLIENT/NOCANCEL /DIR="C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_0"
>.
>
>For operating systems Win95 or 98 or ME, i need that Firebird is executed like Application, for the other operating systems, i need that Firebird is executed like service. Then my question is: What command line (additional to the commands /SP- /SILENT, etc) is needed so that Firebird is executed like " Application" or " Service"
>
>If i leave my line of programming thus (Run Firebird-2.0.0.12748-0-Win32.exe /SP- /SILENT /NOCPL /COPYFBCLIENT /NOCANCEL /DIR="C:\Program Files\Firebird\Firebird_2_0") for the Win 95, Win 98 or WinME, Firebird does not work correctly because is executing like service and not like application.

In the doc installation_scripted.txt, did you not notice the /TASKS parameter?

UseGuardianTask
--> UseApplicationTask <--
UseServiceTask
AutoStartTask
InstallCPLAppletTask
MenuGroupTask
CopyFbClientToSysTask
CopyFbClientAsGds32Task

Note, DON'T try to run the Guardian if you're going to run Classic.

./heLen