Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: GTT + VFP + Remote Views but VFP SQL Pass-Through does not show records
Author Mark Rotteveel
You probably need a different solution than Global Temporary Tables. The
contents of a GTT is only visible to the connection that filled it.

An ODBC datasource is not a connection, but a description or method for
an application to create an actual connection to the database. So when
VFP creates a connection using the ODBC datasource it has a different
actual connection to the database then the Report Manager that uses the
same datasource. As a result, the Report Manager does not see the data
in the GTT.

You are probably better off creating a 'real' table (just delete it
after use), using views or something like that.

Mark

--
Mark Rotteveel