Subject Re: Firebird stop responding
Author mivi71dk
Well

Yesterday we made 2 changes.
It seems as if it has helped. But we have to see for some more days to be sure.

1.
I disabled Events in the program (basically because this customer doen not use this feature).
We have programmed it with IBObjecs.
I remember some time (at least 2 years, maybe Firebird 1.5) our program using IBX Comp made the thing to down when using Events.

2.
I managed to get the number of connections down.
Now we are have 80-100 connections.

If any of the above have had any influence time will tell.
As soon as we are in 2010, I will enabled one of the above at a time.
if the server then starts stopping responding, I will know what causes this.

Thx Alan for your input so far.

I will return with more info in the new year or if the server stops responding again.

Michael