Subject Re: [firebird-support] My restore fails with ERROR:attempt to store duplicate value (visible ... etc
Author Theodore Zafiropoulos
Thank you for your response,

much appreciated!

You hit the nail on the head :)

I copied the correct FBclient to the directory and everything was OK this time.

I was thrown off when I tried this backup/restore because the first time I did it about 3 weeks ago, there was no problem, however it only appeared on the second backup/restore I attempted on Fri night.

Thanks again!

Best Regards,

Theodore
----- Original Message -----
From: Maya Opperman
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 4:47 PM
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] My restore fails with ERROR:attempt to store duplicate value (visible ... etc

>>gbak:restoring function @1

I get these @1 error when using a FB 1.5 FBClient.dll with a FB2.1
server. Try using the FB 2 FBClient DLL and see if the problem goes
away. If the error doesn't go away, at least your error message will be
better.

>>gbak: ERROR:attempt to store duplicate value (visible to active
transactions) in unique index "RDB$INDEX_9"

I have had databases that somehow get duplicate primary keys in them
somehow, and then fail to restore. I have fixed them by deleting the
duplicated record, and then re-doing the backup-restore. I found the
duplicate by seeing at what point the restore failed, and then
investigating those tables.

Maya