Subject Re: [firebird-support] Can't connect to Firebird server via Zebedee
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Mr. John wrote:
> >From the log file I undestand there is a problem with defaul zebedee port,I reconfigured router and connection succeeded,it works,all the thanks to Alexandre Benson Smith.

You are welcome

> I have also few questions : what type of compression gives the best speed from practice : bzip2 or zlib

Don't have numbers about, it, I think you could make such test and
report back :)

But I don't believe that the compression in itself is a really big
bonus, the main problem with firebird over internet is the connection
latency, and the number of round trips during the communication, this
will not change using compression or not.

Did you use FB 2.1 ? It has some improvements over the network protocol.
You need 2.1 on both sides (client and server)

> another question : zebedee server must be started with application or on windows startup,can zebedee server be stopped without killing the process ?

ZeBeDee could be installed as a windows service, and you could control
it (start/stop) from the services control panel applet.

Take a look on the on-line manual for the switch -S (upper case)

> Thanks

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith