Subject Re: [firebird-support] Corruption, was Re: fbclient.dll_unloaded => BEX Exception
Author Helen Borrie
At 09:09 AM 21/11/2009, svanderclock wrote:
>ooh sorry :) but it was against noone :)

Be warned. You will be banned from the list if you offend again.

>finally i repear the data with gfix.
>but i m affraid in with way the data are repaired... are they deleted ?

They are disabled and so are no longer accessible. This is not reversible. Keep in mind that gfix -mend does NOT repair damaged data. It tries to repair a damaged internal file structure in such a way that damaged pages are moved out of the way in order to restore access to undamaged pages.

> if yes what about the foreign key ?

At this point, this is probably not your biggest concern. I hope that, if you ran gfix -mend, you were working on a file copy of the database file. If you were working on your only copy, it is likely now that you will need to call in the IBSurgeon guys to try to recover your surviving data into a new database. As an initial step, you can download their free corruption analysis tool IBFirstAid Diagnostician. From that tool you can get a log that you can send to them so that they can give you an estimate of what the recovery would cost.

We have an expression in English - "shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted". In the hope that this is not such a case, please study this paper, which shows at least how important it is to do the right things, in the right order, and only on a COPY of your database:

http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&page=ibp_db_corr

^ heLen ^