Subject Re: [firebird-support] multiple queries
Author Lester Caine
Kjell Rilbe wrote:

>> > the
>> > once

>> > one
>> >
>> > As far as I can see, he doesn't need multiple threads, just multiple
>> > connections (within the same thread).
>> >
>> > Kjell
>>
>> ahhh, but in a scripting language of any kind, how do you jump to another
>> line before the first one has finished executing?
>> Alan
>
> Doesn't the API support asynch calls that return immediately instead of
> waiting for the result to be returned before returning to the caller?

THAT is the point - MySQL are adding this as a new feature, but I was fairly
sure that for a single query on Firebird this was already possible. You can
start things that do not necessarily need time on the local machine, as long as
you can then wait when you need the answer. And with multiple connections you
can run two or three queries ....

--
Lester Caine - G8HFL