Subject Re: [firebird-support] Date format
Author Milan Babuskov
Steve wrote:
> OK, it looks like the ODBC driver libOdbcFb.so needs to be recompiled for a
> 64-bit architecture.
>
> I've submitted a bug report:
>
> http://tracker.firebirdsql.org/browse/ODBC-76
>
> But in the meantime I'm using DBI::InterBase. However this is returning
> dates with a 2-character year rather than CCYY, any ideas why this is? If I
> use isql_fb (or even my failed ODBC) it returns dates with a 4-character
> year. Can I specify that InterBase should return a 4-char year?

You should look it up in DBI::InterBase docs. Firebird stores dates as
binary values, and it's up to client to turn this into human-readable
form. So, when you ask for a date field, Firebird returns something like
128129 and then DBI::InterBase translates that to some format like
YY-MM-DD or whatever.

--
Milan Babuskov

The easiest way to import XML, CSV