Subject Re: System tables affected by DML operations over regular tables
Author sosingus
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 11:06 PM 7/11/2009, you wrote:
>
> >What are the system tables, if any, that get affected by DML operations
> >over regular tables?
>
> None.
>
> >I would like to implement some global functionality to my database by
> >adding a trigger to that table or tables.
>
> Explain what you want to achieve and also what version of Firebird you are working with.
>
> ./heLen

I would like to be able to make an general procedure that would log every (or only configured) DML operations over all or over configured tables in my database. Beside the operations, I would like to log the data of affected table after DML operation, except for delete.

I assumed it would be best to add an trigger, that would invoke this procedure, to a system table that gets affected when DML operation is executed.

Firebird version is 1.5.x but in short time we will be switching to 2.x