Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Can't connect even with SYSDBA
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:53 AM 30/01/2009, you wrote:
>I've tried to do a backup and to use gfix. Both give me the same error:
>
>database <path> shutdown
>
>Any ideas?
>
>--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Felipe Marin Cypriano"
><fmcypriano@...> wrote:
>>
>> I'm trying to get my database back online, but this message is show:
>>
>> # /opt/firebird/bin/gfix -user SYSDBA -password ** localhost:litoral
>> -online
>> database /litoral/database/ERP_VCONTROL_LIEX.FDB shutdown
>>
>> And I can't connect. What can I do?

The syntax is gfix <switches> <database>, so do:

/opt/firebird/bin/gfix -online -user SYSDBA -password ** localhost:litoral

You can check whether it worked, using gstat -h:
/opt/firebird/bin/gstat -h /litoral/database/ERP_VCONTROL_LIEX.FDB

If it is still shut down, it will say so in the Attributes.

./hb