Subject Re: ER diagram software
Author mspencewasunavailable
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alex Castillo
<acr_korn@...> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've been using CaseStudio 2 in order to design my databases, but
the software is almost obsolet since CharonWare has been bought by
QUEST. I've tested TOAD Data modeller but it doesn't support
firebird yet.

> Could you please recommend me a ER diagram software with FB
support?

> If it is open source would be nice :-)
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Regards
> _______________________________
> I'm free, I use GNU/Linux.
> Close your Windows, Open your mind.

> Correo Yahoo!
> Regístrate ya - http://correo.yahoo.com.mx/

I've been using this:

http://www.datanamic.com/dezign/datasheet.html.

It's not free and it's not perfect, but V4 allowed me to capture
table definitions from an existing dBase database and then (with a
little work on my part) recast it to a Firebird database.

I also used it a couple of times to design databases from scratch.
That worked very well.

I haven't upgraded to V5

Michael D. Spence
Mockingbird Data Systems, Inc.