Subject Re: [firebird-support] changes to isc_info_user_names in FB 2.1 breaks my application.
Author Helen Borrie
At 11:22 26/07/2008, you wrote:
>In my application a user can pull up a window and see who else of his
>colleague is logged in at the moment, and communicate with him/her via a
>chat function in the application. This list of logged in users is returned
>by isc_info_user_names. The new restriction in 2.1 that returns only your
>own name unless you are SYSDBA or OWNER breaks this function. Any chance
>of getting the old behavior back ?

No chance. It's a relic from older, simpler times. Progress in the current age is about making things more secure, not pumping life back into old vulnerabilities. Use the Services API. In 2.5 and beyond, look forward to being able to do these tasks directly from any database using DSQL commands.

./heLen