Subject Fwd: [firebird-support] conflict when update table
Author ivory intercode
Thank you very much for both of you Milan and Andre.
Now I can see clearly my problem and it's already fixed :-)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Milan Babuskov <milanb@...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2008 12:52:50 +0200
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] conflict when update table
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com

mugi yanto wrote:
> Anyone can help me why my fb server raise this exception when I run my app for more than 1 machines?
> (it works well when I run only on 1 machine)
>
> *deadlock*
> *update conflicts with concurrent update*

http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq151

In short, when two transactions are updating the same record at the same
time, one of them has to fail - to ensure data consistency. You should
treat deadlock as 'regular' events and handle them properly (depending
on the application type, it should either retry the operation or give up
or do something else).

--
Milan Babuskov
http://www.guacosoft.com