Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: firebird.conf for HP Proliant Server
Author André Knappstein, Controlling
Hello frodo_haija,

> The performance is much better then bevor. I have no idea whitch BDE
> driver the application setup installs. I see only Borland Databse
> Engine.

Go to the config/system settings screen, whereever that maybe on your
preferred version of windows. That's the place where you are usually
doing settings for mouse/keybord/local users and such....
If the installer had the grace at least to try a Borland conform
installation, you will there find a link to a "BDE Administrator".

If not, you can search (usually in /programs/common files/Borland...)
for the program BDEAdmin.exe.
Running that will display a list of so called "aliases". Analysing the
alias(es) belonging to your application will also show which driver is
used for that alias.

> Is there any risk in our constellation?

I can not read your original post, because I subscribed to the mailing
list only 4 days ago. I don't know if I can give any further help to
you (most likely not *g*), but you can send the original posting again
to me on direct mail, without duplicating it in the mailing list.
Then I will try.

André Knappstein, Controlling
Verwaltungs- und Erlebniszentrum Marina Rünthe
beta Eigenheim GmbH
Hafenweg 4
59192 Bergkamen-Rünthe