Subject Re: [firebird-support] Execute Block statement
Author Fidel Viegas
On Sun, Jun 29, 2008 at 2:57 AM, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> And - yeah - to anticipate your next question: That particular section of
> the Fb 2.0.x notes seems to have slithered under the radar of the Thought
> Police...I do need to chase our developers for a better piece of sample code
> for the release notes.

I totally agree with you on this one. I remember struggling with
execute blocks when I started using them.
To be honest, execute blocks are, just like you said, useful to test
some code. I don't really see any benefit on using execute blocks over
a stored procedure, except when I want to test some code and I don't
really want to create a stored procedure for that.

Fidel.