Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: isc_interprete/fb_interprete...A Stupid Question...
Author Kurt Federspiel
Perfect...Thanks a lot.

Kurt.

----- Original Message ----
From: Iman S. H. Suyoto <ade@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 5:02:38 PM
Subject: [firebird-support] Re: isc_interprete/fb_interprete...A Stupid Question...

--- In firebird-support@ yahoogroups. com, "federonline"
<federonline@ ...> wrote:
> I'm debugging with valgrind and got a warning that isc_interprete is
> depricated. In looking through the header file, I see that
> fb_interprete is there with an added argument. Is the difference
> documented in the FB Book or somewhere else?

The second parameter specifies the length of the buffer supplied in
the first parameter:

http://tech. groups.yahoo. com/group/ firebird- support/message/ 81285

> Also, is there a better way to set USER/PASS than isc_expand_dpb
> (since it is also depricated)?

Here's an example in C (sorry, I'm not really good in C++, so I don't
know whether this is idiomatic in C++. But I hope you get the idea).

===
char dpb_buffer[SHRT_ MAX + 1] = {0};
char *dpb = dpb_buffer;
char *username = "username";