Subject RE: [firebird-support] Error 335544344 with connection string.
Author Adrian Wreyford
Hi Helen,

It appears that using the * in the string wild wildcards, is not allowed.

I can connect to DB using adrianpref.fdb, but not *pref.fdb.

I can get around this, by searching for *pref.fdb, in my source code, then
connecting with the fullname.

Regards

Adrian

_____

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Helen Borrie
Sent: 20 June 2008 03:31 PM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Error 335544344 with connection string.

At 10:29 PM 20/06/2008, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>O.K. so I read as much as I could, and so far, going quite smoothly (ie
>conversion 2.0 to 2.1).
>
> I cannot use a valid 2.0 connection string in 2.1.

Why not?

>I used eg C:\Program Files\SupaStud\Data\*pref.fdb
>
> This way I could distribute my software, and each legal user, would have
his
>own Preferences database, with certain encrypted strings in.
>
>Now I would distribute adrianpref.fdb to customer Adrian.
>
>The software would simply then connect using the above connection script.
>
>But now what?

Can't understand what you did by way of a "connection script". What kind of
script was it?

In v.1.5, v.2.0.x and v.2.1 you would address this sort of requirement with
database aliases, but your connection string wouldn't look like what you put
here...

Or else I'm missing something...

./heLen