Subject RE: [firebird-support] Should anything be done regularly when everything is OK?
Author Alan McDonald
> Hello,
>
> in this mailinglist, I have often read about things that can
> be done when something goes wrong (for example, gfix -sweep,
> or backup and restore the database). I wonder whether there
> are things to be done if _nothing_ goes wrong?
>
> According to The Book, the only danger seems to arise when
> the 32-bit transaction counter wraps to 0 (or -2^31?).
> (Or is it a 64-bit counter meanwhile? SS 2.0.3.12981.0-r6
> running here. No 2.0.4 available, 2.1 not "stable" yet,
> Gentoo says.)
>
> I'm just a bit concerned if there's really "nothing to do"
> for me as database administrator - but if it's really like
> that, so much the better!
>
> -Matt

backup every night (without -g switch)
backup\restore cycle maybe once a year (looking at the stats below)
it would be comforting to know your application moves the transactions along
and that certainly looks that way below.
Seems like there's not a lot to do.
Make sure the power supply is reliable and the network interface is also
reliable.
Alan