Subject Re: [firebird-support] Long read-only Transactions
Author Sergio H. Gonzalez
----- Original Message -----
From: "Helen Borrie" <helebor@...>
Newsgroups: egroups.ib-support
To: <firebird-support@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2008 9:02 PM
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Long read-only Transactions

> Don't confuse a "read-only dataset" with a read-only transaction.
> A "read-only dataset" is a client-side attribute - the server does
> not know about it.
> If the TRANSACTION is a read-write transaction
> (the default in IBX) then keeping any of its datasets
> open for long periods will cause the OIT to get stuck
> and inhibit garbage collection.

> A read-only READ COMMITTED transaction can stay
> open for longer periods without inhibiting GC.
> The same is not true if the read-only transaction is
> SNAPSHOT (what IBX calls Concurrency).

Thanks Helen! Sorry, but I'm not very used with the IBTransaction
component... I used to have only one for all the app, with this settings:

read_committed
rec_version
nowait

So, should I create a new (read-only) one in order to open all my TIBQuerys
with it?
How do I create a read-only Transaction component?

The transaction editor has an option which reads "Read-Only Table Stability"
with the parameters:

read
consistency

Should I use that settings?