Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Firebird 2.1 cannot connect to database, but shows different path in error?
Author Helen Borrie
At 06:26 PM 11/06/2008, you wrote:

>> >I suspect a corruption of some sorts, but why the strange error message?
>>
>> Don't know...yet. ;-)
>>
>> Have you thought about taking a filecopy of the database and renaming it
>to something else, i.e., not using copy/paste to rename Copy of ... but
>renaming it character by character.
>>

>That's odd, I renamed it "mydb.fdb" and trying to register in DBW, which
>then connects to it to verify your connection details. Path to database:
>F:\Data\mydb.FDB
>
>Error message:
>ISC ERROR CODE:335544344
>
>ISC ERROR MESSAGE:
>I/O error for file "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\FB_DEMO"
>Error while trying to open file
>The system cannot find the path specified.

Well, at least it's telling you that the (non-existent) file location of a (non-existent) secondary database is hard-wired into the database header. Sounds as though someone at some point has done a screwy restore.

Ivan Prenosil has a little utility that you can use to alter that info in the header. You can get the link to Ivan's website from the docindex.

./h