Subject Re: [firebird-support] Ghost image backups
Author Woody
From: "Helen Borrie" <helebor@...>

> EXCLUDE is not a "nice to have", it is a total MUST HAVE. Databases
> should be in their own partition and the whole partition should be
> excluded totally from the purview of everything except the Firebird
> server.

Helen,

I wanted to ask about this but forgot in my other response. Most of my
databases stay under 1G. It's hard to justify a separate partition just for
that. Recognizing that having a separate partition is more of a suggestion
than a requirement, would you still create a separate partition for this?
What happens when you are installing on an already running server that might
not be able to provide another partition on the fly, but instead requires
backing up, re-partitioning the drives and then restoring the server?

TIA

Woody (TMW)