Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Unavailable Database
Author Tiberiu Horvath
No, my field names are not named with any commas. The pasted text is
copied from my Delphi Source and generated from IBOConsole.

I had no problem in the last 2 days, on the same
configuration, the same activity.
This happened also before: I had 2
weeks with no problem at all, and 2 days with 5 crashes / day. :-(

I will switch all the field definitions to TIMESTAMP ...

Thank you,

Tiberiu

----- Original Message ----
From: Alan McDonald <alan@...>
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, June 4, 2008 12:34:47 AM
Subject: RE: [firebird-support] Firebird Unavailable Database

> You are right, I started using Interbase 6.02 and moved to Firebird.
>
> I don't know anything about any DATE field problem. It works
> fine at many of my customers. Should I modify all DATE fields
> to TIMESTAMP ?
>

> Tiberiu

A dialect 1 to 3 conversion is not just a gfix operation. You should have
read very, closely, the conversion notes at the time.
Stored procedures and views should have been closely examined.
I notice also that all your fields (of all tables?) are now enclosed in
double inverted commas. This didn't have to be. Did you know that it didn't
have to be that way?
Alan