Subject Re: no permission for direct acces to security database
Author crizoo4712
..the thing is, that we need to have a user that can create other
users via ics_add_user.. this shouldn't be sysdba, because we want to
change the password and hardcode it in the application (encrypted).
what we did under 1.5 was just creating a user via sysdba, connecting
under security.fdb and then posting "grant all on users to <the new
user>".
This worked. Since security-db is no longer accessible directly, we
have a problem..
regards, christoph

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Thomas Steinmaurer <ts@...>