Subject Re: [firebird-support] Firebird Unavailable Database
Author Tiberiu Horvath
no error is loged. Strange indeed.

We do not use any UDFs other than the ones that are packed with the Firebird distribution.

Interesting behaviour:

Whe asked our customer to stop all activity and leave then server in that blocked state. And tried to figure out something. With IBOConsole, we tried :

Diagnose connection - TCP/IP - ping -> result OK
Diagnose connection - TCP/IP - 3050-> result TCP/IP Communication Test Passed!
Diagnose connection - TCP/IP - gds_db-> result OK

but, when I try to open the database - any database on that server - I get the "Unavailable database" error ... Same on Windows, on other system.

Can this be because of some local network error ? We even changed the switch ...

We will certainly loose this customer if the problem doesn't get fixed ...

Tiberiu