Subject Re: Blob - Invalid segment size
Author inoffensive_2006
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Helen Borrie <helebor@...> wrote:

> At 04:09 AM 3/06/2008, inoffensive_2006 wrote:
>
> >> The "Segment Size" value is no longer of any real significance for
> >> modern applications, it is for support of real legacy
applications (ie.
> >> ancient).
> >>
> >> A value of 80 is fine for all purposes.
> >
> >Thanks Sean:
> >
> > So, why does this:
> >
> > CON_IMAGE BLOB SUB_TYPE 0 SEGMENT SIZE 80
> >
> > Result in this?
> >
> > Context: Blob::Write
> > Message: Invalid segment size (max 64Kb-1)
> >
> > If segment size isn't an issue, why does Firebird even
> >have this error message?
>
> Firebird doesn't have this error message. Have you considered
raising this problem in the IBPP forum? It looks possible that IBPP
has some kind of logical error occurring when you have a blob that is
close to the upper boundary of the size limit on the buffer IBPP is
using to pass blob streams across the wire.

Thanks Helen:

I didn't realize that this is an error originated with IBPP.
It's hard for me to tell.

From Firebird's perspective, can any amount of data be written
to a blob in a single operation? Without segmenting it?

Thanks, for all your advice in this group and for your very
nice book.

Larry