|Subject||Re: [firebird-support] Re: How to implement SQLServer's WITH(NOLOCK)|
> Thomas Steinmaurer wrote:Not here. ;-)
>>> Either way, I don't think such a select would lock out other
>>> readers, but would only lock for other updaters?
>> It will lock other readers as well. ;-)
> Only those reading via another SELECT WITH LOCK.
* Two concurrent isql sessions
* Both start a read committed transaction
* The first isql session does a SELECT * FROM MYTABLE WITH LOCK
* The second isql session does a SELECT * FROM MYTABLE (without WITH LOCK).
* The second session gets blocked
LogManager Series - Logging/Auditing Suites supporting
InterBase, Firebird, Advantage Database, MS SQL Server and