Subject Re: [firebird-support] Database corruptions with 2.0.3 embedded server
Author Ann W. Harrison
Aage Johansen wrote:

> Doesn't the checksum entry (by default) contain 12345 (or something
> like that)? It is possible to check if this value has gotten changed
> - if so, a 'checksum error' it is.

Yes, the checksum field is set to 12345 and checked after a page is
read (and probably before it is written, I don't remember). Checksum
errors do occur and normally they indicate that a page has been read
without being written. The file ods.h will show you where to find
the checksum slot on each page. Most often, the checksum like every
other part of the page will be zero when this error occurs.

Why would Firebird read a page it hadn't written? Could be a bug,
but we haven't seen a bug like that in a long time. Usually it's
a problem with the disk system.

Cheers,

Ann