Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Hanging by a Thread
Author Kjell Rilbe
Helen Borrie wrote:

> > > No.
> >
> >Thanks again Helen.
> >
> > I think I'm not being clear. Or I'm confused. "it" means
> >the data from the select, not the connection.
>
> You're confused apparently because you think "the data from the
> select" has nothing to do with the connection.

I think you're both misunderstanding each other, but I may be wrong.

If I'm not completely misundestanding things, this is how it is:

1. Each thread has to use its own connection(s) and any datasets/cursors
that are opened withint a certain thread via one of that thread's
connections can be accessed by that thread only.

2. If that thread extracts data from the datatset and writes it into any
kind of application specific data structure, that has nothing to do with
Firebird, that extracted data can be accessed by any thread, at least if
those data structures are made thread safe.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Kjell
--
Kjell Rilbe