Subject Re: FB Service shutting down all by itself
Author rogerpullen
Hi - looked at the log - there are entries like:

"Access Violation - The code attempted to access a virtual address
without privilege to do so. the exceptioi will cause the Firebird
server to terminate abnormally"

Which it did and re-started

I believe this is because the server has hyperthreading switched off
(make FB run faster?) but the db uses UDF's (the std firebird ones)
and there may be a threading issue if a call is being made to the
same UDF by more than one user at the same time.
(Only a theory - we have enabled hyperthreading tonight and will
advise result)

Regards

Roger

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "Alan McDonald" <alan@...>
wrote:

> > Hi - FB1.5 on a W2003 server - running for 4+ years OK.
IBO/Delphi6 app.