Subject Re: [firebird-support] Error connecting to remote host. Host failed to respond
Author Helen Borrie
At 07:27 PM 10/09/2007, you wrote:
>hi, i am having a problem connecting to a remote host. I gave the
>following command:
>
>hostname:<path of FDB database> user sysdba password masterkey;
>
>But after some time i get an error like : Connection attempt failed
>because the connected party didnot respond properly.
>
>Is there any solution to this?

Yes: find out why the server isn't responding. Do you know how to
use ping and tracert? You can use those to test your connection to
the host machine.

That message you are getting is not a standard TCP/IP message. It
would be useful if you can collect the TCP/IP error code.

You *will* need to ensure that Firebird is actually running on that
remote server, of course...and some information about platform and
environment would help, too.

./heLen