Subject Re: error while restoring fb2 database
Author Adam
--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, "mohamed.banaouas"
<mohamed.banaouas@...> wrote:

> Hi,
> I got this error while restoring an fb2 database on fb1.5 server.
> Of course, I did first the bakcup on fb2 server with fb1.5 gbak.exe.

> gbak: restoring index RDB$FOREIGN42
> gbak: restoring index RDB$FOREIGN163
> gbak: restoring index RDB$FOREIGN164
> gbak: ERROR: invalid request BLR at offset 249
> gbak: ERROR: data operation not supported
> gbak: Exiting before completion due to errors
>
> The same error occurs even with no-data database (gbak -m).
> It seems like the error is caused by a particular metadata :
> if so, how can I determine exactly witch one ?

Does the backup restore successfully to a FB2 server? If not, it may
be corrupt. If you can restore to FB2, I guess you must be using a
feature new to FB2 that FB1.5 does not understand (for example,
indices on expressions). In fact, considering the failure appears to
occur restoring an index, that is a likely problem.

Can you restore it with the -i switch or does that fail too? To
downgrade the on disk structure (ODS), you need to make sure that all
of your DDL is compatible with the lower version of Firebird, then use
the lower version of gbak against the newer server to generate your
backup file.

Adam