Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Strange firebird lockup
Author Daniel Albuschat
Hello Helen,

2007/8/30, Helen Borrie <helebor@...>:
> At 04:29 PM 30/08/2007, you wrote:
> >Here's some more information on the setup:
[snip]
> Is it possible that someone rebooted the server, possibly for the
> first time since you started running Fb 1.5?

Nope, the uptime is 144 days.

> Superserver? If so, I think it's highly possible you have
> encountered a situation that is peculiarly a quirk of running
> Firebird on Red Hat 9 and it's so long since anyone had to think
> about the workaround that it has been forgotten. Please download the
> 1.5.4 releasenotes and read page 88, where it begins:
>
> NTPL problems on higher Linuxen
>
> The new NPTL (Native POSIX Thread Library) in Red Hat 9 (so far) will
> cause problems for SuperServer and locally compiled programs....

Thanks for the info, it's very interesting. Since I hate Red Hat
(especially arcane,
unsupported versions) anyways, I think I'll disregard the problem for
now and just
reinstall the server. If it'll still occur on the new system, I'll
have a deeper look into it.

Thanks again,

Daniel Albuschat