Subject Re: [firebird-support] Linux Classic 2.x
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
Tom Miller wrote:
> I have a server with 8 cores and 16 GB memory. I would like to run at
> least 4 DBs on this machine, maybe more.
>
> My question:
>
> Should I run Linux 32 bit and run multiple instances of CS (one per DB)
> or run on Server and have multiple DBs run from that one Server on Linux 64?
>
> Thanks
>
> Tom Miller

Tom,

CS uses one server *per connection* not per db.

I would use CS 32 bits and let the OS take care of the CPU load. Each
process would use up to 2GB of memory, I think you will use config the
database cache to less than this per connection so it would not be a
problem.

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith