Subject Re: [firebird-support] Re: Check if an alias is defined
Author Woody
From: "gstv_m" <gusm@...>
> Can you please give me some idea of the code of these UDFs?

Basically, you would need to get the correct directory for the Firebird
instance you need (now that you can have more than one). Loading in the
alias.conf file can be done with any programming component like a list or
you can read it line by line. I am going to be delving into this more
because I would like this functionality too.

One of the pitfalls, of course, in order to use an UDF, you must be
connected to a database. In my case, I am building a "master" database that
will be installed with all my apps. This database will house information for
me concerning the databases I've installed, db versioning, system UDFs, etc.
This way, I can build all this into any app using a single module that
controls all of it. Most of the basics are built for the client side stuff,
I'm about to start working on the system side stuff like the UDFs, etc.
Because of that, I haven't researched enough to tell you how to do it yet.
But I'll get there.. :)

Woody (TMW)