Subject Re: [firebird-support] Check if an alias is defined
Author Alexandre Benson Smith
eMeL wrote:
>> Since aliasing is primarily a security measure, it would hardly make
>> sense for client applications to be able to query the contents of the
>> configuration file!
>>

> Helen,
>
> I was an idea a lot of time ago (and I had send it to this list early):
>
> "What about a new service call for write aliases.conf?
> eMeL

Hi Emel,

Only SYSDBA will have access to the registering function ? Ordinary
users should not had the ability to create databases as they wish, it
could lead to DOS attacks.

Personally I don't like this, IMHO a database is not something you will
create every day, an intervention by the sysadmin should not be a
problem, but is that my opinion...

see you !

--
Alexandre Benson Smith