Subject Re: [firebird-support] trouble with sql statement
Author Helen Borrie
At 04:53 PM 20/08/2007, you wrote:
>I have very strange problem. I've been using firebird with no
>problem for some time. I've developed an app that works fine on my
>pc. I use firebird 2.0.
>
>When I install the app and firebird software on my client's pc I can
>not run the app.
>
>Everytime the app comes to a sql statement that contains a where
>clause I get a "dynamic sql error" and the only way out is to abort
>the program.
>
>For instance:
>
>sql = "select * from resource" works, but
>
>sql = "select * from resource where zip = '10011'" does not work
>
>The client's pc is actually an apple running Windows. I don't know
>if this is the problem, but I'm stymied at this point.
>
>Any suggestions?

1. I'm intrigued...how does an Apple run Windows?

2. What is meant by "the only way out is to abort the program"
? All a dynamic sql error does is to return an
exception...presumably your program knows what to do with an exception?

3. Could it be that your field names are defined case-sensitive in
double quotes, e.g.

sql = "select * from resource where "zip" = '10011'"

4. Does the query work in isql?

That will do until you provide more information...

./heLen