Subject RE: [firebird-support] Download FDB source code...
Author Yusuf Celik
Thanks Nando for the quick info,

I've downloaded the latest FDB release Firebird-2.0.1.12855-0.
In Firebird-2.0.1.12855-0\builds\win32\msvc7 directory,
I tried to build gfix using MS VS2004 but it raises an error
"gen/autoconfig.h not found".
I checked the whole HD but no good.

I guess I am missing something.
I appreciate your assistance on this subject.

With kindest regards
Yusuf CELIK

________________________________

From: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
[mailto:firebird-support@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Nando Dessena
Sent: Friday, August 17, 2007 8:40 AM
To: firebird-support@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [firebird-support] Download FDB source code...

Yusuf,

Y> In this case Borland C++ compiler is not trustworthy.
Y> If so, why do they advertise their C++Builder technology?
Y> I know it uses Delphi VCL, but still C++.

Borland C++ did not use the same compiler as the current C++ Builder.
That compiler is more than a decade old and I don't know any other
decade-old compilers that are able to build the current Firebird on
Windows. The current (2007) C++ Builder compiler *might* be able to
build Firebird but apparently there's no point in trying because
Firebird already supports the platform official compiler (Microsoft's)
and an open source one (gcc on MinGW) on Windows.

Ciao
--
Nando Dessena
I support Firebird, I am a Firebird Foundation member!