Subject Re: [firebird-support] Lock Timeout for WAIT Transactions
Author Dmitry Yemanov
Bryan Pendleton wrote:

> 1) How do I know whether I have a WAIT transaction or not?

Check the transaction properties in your application. The detailed
answer depends on the database connectivity toolset you use.

> Is the transaction default WAIT? or NO WAIT?

In the engine, the default is WAIT (if nothing has been specified via API).

> Is there an API
> call that I make to specify that my transaction is WAIT?

It's specified when your transaction starts. RTFM isc_start_transaction().

> 2) What are the units for LOCK TIMEOUT?

Seconds, IIRC.

Dmitry