Subject Re: [firebird-support] DDL Question
Author Woody
From: "Svein Erling Tysvær" <svein.erling.tysvaer@...>
> Hi Woody!
>
> Around 23 July, I wrote a message to this list with the subject "Fb
> 1.5.4 - RDB$RELATION_FIELDS not in RDB$RELATIONS". In short, the problem
> was that there were records in RDB$RELATION_FIELDS and
> RDB$RELATION_CONSTRAINTS (I think) that were referring to a deleted table.
> This occurred when we created a table and a stored procedure or trigger (I
> don't remember which of them), then deleted the table/procedure and
> recreated them with a new table name. It was done on a database with
> several users simultaneously doing DML, but no-one touching the
> table/procedure in question.

I remember the discussion well. IIRC, you didn't experience any discernable
problems, only extra entries left around in the system tables. However, any
problems, large or small, that can be avoided by sticking to my policy of no
DDL on a live database make my life easier. I'm fortunate not to have any 24
hour live databases at the moment so there is always a time span at night
where I can do any DDL work without worrying.

Thanks,
Woody (TMW)