Subject Re: [firebird-support] Finding Duplicate teams
Author Svein Erling Tysvær
In all Firebird versions that I know about (I started with InterBase 5.6), you can do something like:

select t1.team_id, t2.team_id
from team t1
join team t2 on t1.team_id < t2.team_id
where not exists(select * from team_members tm1
where tm1.team_id = t1.team_id
and not exists(select * from team_members tm2
where tm2.team_id = t2.team_id
and tm2.user_id = tm1.user_id))
and not exists(select * from team_members tm2a
where tm2.team_id = t2.team_id
and not exists(select * from team_members tm1a
where tm1a.team_id = t1.team_id
and tm2a.user_id = tm1a.user_id))

I.e. find teams where team A doesn't have any player that team B doesn't have and team B doesn't have any player that team A doesn't have.

These are one of the cases were I find nested NOT EXISTS to be useful. Still, for performance reasons, I hope you don't have millions of teams in your team table...

Set