Subject Re: [firebird-support] Embedded Server UNC access
Author Helen Borrie
At 05:59 PM 2/08/2007, you wrote:
>How do you access an embedded server in a Windows environment on a
>networked drive?

You can't.

>I have tried UNC, \\fileserver\firebird\fbembed.dll to access
>\\fileserver\firebird\test.gdb and have tried with a mapped drive
>letter.
>
>Both give a connection error.

As they should.

The embedded server on Windows is a single instance of Firebird
Superserver that is accessed by the client code that is compiled with
it. Like the full Superserver (and like Classic) the embedded server
must access databases on local drives, i.e. drives that are
controlled by the same host machine as the server. UNC locations and
mapped drives are not local drives.

>Please let me know if I should post in a different group - I am
>accessing with dbExpress and Delphi.
>
>I searched but did not find a firebird-Delphi group.

It's not a Delphi question anyway; but there are forums for IB
Objects and FIBPlus, the two main Delphi interfaces to Firebird.

./heLen