Subject Re: TIBBackupService and FireBird 2.0
Author gstv_m
Yes, I get the error message when I try to connect to the fbk file.

I try to connect in two ways (to the fbk file):

1. I rename the file changing its extension to fdb and try to open it
using IB_SQL.EXE.

2. I rename the file changing its extension to fdb and try to open it
using Delphi, with a TIBDataBase component using the same code I
always use to open the original database.

In both cases I get the error "... is not a valid database".

--- In firebird-support@yahoogroups.com, Alexandre Benson Smith
<iblist@...> wrote:

> Gustavo wrote:
> > Till a few months ago I used FireBird 1.5 and this worked fine.
But since I installed FireBird 2.0 this doesn´t work anymore. When
this code executes, I don´t get any error, and it generates a .fbk
file. But when I try to connect to it I get a message saying "... is
not a valid database".